AI voice scam: You might have heard many cases of scams through social media and phone calls, but recently a shocking case has come to light, in which cyber fraudsters have used artificial intelligence and defrauded a woman through it. Actually, a woman gets a phone call from her nephew, which was prepared with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
In this call, the woman’s nephew identifies himself as being in Canada and says that he has met with an accident. Because of which he has to pay the fine, for this he needs Rs 1.4 lakh. The woman, mistaking the artificial intelligence voice scam to be her nephew’s voice, deposits Rs 1.4 lakh in the said account and thus becomes a victim of fraud. If you want to avoid this scam, then here we are giving tips to avoid it, which can be helpful for you in avoiding AI voice scam.
Ways to avoid AI voice scams
- Never give personal information over the phone unless you are certain about the identity of the caller.
- If someone is posing as a family or relative and demanding money, then avoid sending money immediately and call his/her number later or talk to any other family member to check the seriousness of the situation.
- Be wary of callers who ask for immediate money or personal information.
- If you are being called in the name of a company and you are suspicious of the caller, hang up the call and call the company directly back.
- Stay aware of the latest AI voice scam technology.
- Scammers are constantly finding ways to cheat, so avoid falling into any trap. Report any suspicious activity.
- If you suspect that you are being targeted for an AI voice scam, report it to the cyber police immediately.