PAN-Aadhaar Linking: According to the information given by the Central Government, there are more than 11 crore PAN card holders across the country who have not linked PAN to Aadhaar. These figures have been presented in Parliament by the Finance Ministry. Minister of State for Finance Pankaj Chaudhary, while giving a written reply to the Lok Sabha on Monday, said that till January 29, 2024, there are 11.48 crore PAN card holders across the country who have failed to link their PAN with Aadhaar.
It is necessary to link PAN with Aadhaar.
The Central Government had made it mandatory to link PAN cards issued before July 1, 2017 with Aadhaar. For this, the government had also set the deadline of June 30, 2023. The PAN of those who do not do so has been deactivated and it is being activated again after paying the penalty. In such a situation, if you have not linked your PAN with Aadhaar and it has become inactive, then it can be activated again by paying a penalty of Rs 1000.
Government collected more than Rs 600 crore through penalty
Minister of State for Finance Pankaj Chaudhary has also informed the Parliament that till now more than 60 lakh people have paid penalty for Aadhaar-PAN link, through which the government has collected an amount of Rs 601.97 crore. This amount has been collected between July 1 and January 31, 2024. The government had given time till June 30, 2023 to link PAN with Aadhaar without penalty, those PAN holders who are linking PAN with Aadhaar after this date have to pay a fine of Rs 1,000.
How to link PAN-Aadhaar-
1. To link PAN Aadhaar, visit the income tax e-filing portal https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/.
2. If you are not registered on the website then register yourself. After registration, your PAN number will be your user ID.
3. Then login by entering your user ID, password and date value.
4. After this, a pop up window will appear in front of you in which PAN will be linked to Aadhaar. You can also go to profile settings and click on Link Aadhaar.
5. Next you will have to enter your date of birth and gender details.
6. Here match the rest of your details with Aadhaar. If everything is correct then click on the link now.
7. Further, you can link PAN and Aadhaar by paying Rs 1,000 as penalty.
8. As soon as PAN Aadhaar is linked, a message will come on your mobile number and e-mail ID.
read this also-